Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7 client on HACMP environment

Fyrul_Azmir
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

I have been assigned to configure backup in an hacmp environment. Not much information on the net regarding this exercise therefore need your advice in setting it up. First of all, is it possible to backup with my current environment?

Current Environtment : (the environment is much larger than this but I should start in a smaller scale)

Netbackup 7 Master Server running on RHEL5 64bit

Node A : AIX 6.1 (10.60.5.111)

Node B : Aix 6.1 (10.60.5.114)

Node C : Virtual IP (10.60.5.110)

To make things more complicated, I have a SAN media server license to backup these nodes. I have setup both of the LPARs with Netbackup Enterprise Clients using SSO with 4 drives. There's a problem when initializing the device configuration where if I configure the device using the virtual IP it fails with "Miscellaneous Error". Really need help and advice here. Where should I start?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup HA Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127045

See Appendix D for instructions on how to configure a standalone NetBackup media server in a cluster with virtual storage units.

You will find commands to create NBU 'app_cluster' on p. 124.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup HA Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127045

See Appendix D for instructions on how to configure a standalone NetBackup media server in a cluster with virtual storage units.

You will find commands to create NBU 'app_cluster' on p. 124.

Fyrul_Azmir
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks marianne !!!

I manage to setup the virtual storage and test run the backup with the guide. I just don't know where to look.. Thanks for guiding me. wink

vrtseman
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

Do you know if app_cluster supports/work SAN Media Servers in a application cluster using OpenStorage Disk ?

If not then what is the best approach to create a virtual storage unit for the cluster?

Thanks!

-v