cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 9.1.0.1 Opscenter server Windows OS upgrade

bc1410
Level 5

Hello

We are in need to upgrade the OS on our OPScenter server - windows 2012 R2 to windows 2019 standard for our netbackup 9.1.0.1 opscenter server.   I cant seem to find to much out there with regard to performing an OS upgrade on a netbackup opscenter server.   Wonder if there is anything special that I need to do prior to upgrading the OS on this OpsCenter server.? Or if you can point me to a document that list some details.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks

BC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bc1410 

Absolutely no problem with doing an inplace OS upgrade.

That said, I agree with @quebek building a new VM and installing OpsCenter and then recovering the DB as suggested gives a cleaner system to manage. Possibly a bit more work on the OpsCenter side to get it behaving as before, but I've never been a fan of Windows inplace upgrades. 

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hey

Are you doing in place upgrade?

Would not it be better to take OpsCenter DB backup - by using dbbackup.bat file, you can read about it here

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/27537447-133302844-0/v28842080-133302844

Than build new server using new OS, keeping hostname, IP etc and install the same OpsCenter and restore DB??

I would have pursued above if I were you....

Well I aready did few times above.

A tip - please review the above link to learn more about DB backup and restore, as well about authentication services...

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/27537447-133302844-0/v28842134-133302844

Good luck... 

Hi Quebek - 

Thanks for the reply and link.   Our OpsCenter server is actually a VMware server.   I was actually thinking that I could just upgrade the OS from win 2012R2 to 2019 standard but I guess we could just deploy a new VM as well and do what you stated.  I couldn't seem to find much info on upgrading a live OpsCenter OS. 

Is there any harm in performing an OS upgrade (windows OpsCenter)?  A windows upgrade would keep all exisiting files etc...  just curious

Thanks

BC

Hi @bc1410 

Absolutely no problem with doing an inplace OS upgrade.

That said, I agree with @quebek building a new VM and installing OpsCenter and then recovering the DB as suggested gives a cleaner system to manage. Possibly a bit more work on the OpsCenter side to get it behaving as before, but I've never been a fan of Windows inplace upgrades. 

David