cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Agents: Reusing Higher tier Licenses

Sparktacus
Level 3

Hi All

I'm wondering about reusing Netbackup Enterprise Server licenses.

Specifically, If I have licensed a high tier server (say, tier 4 for the sake of argument). I then chose to retire that server, and replace it with a tier 2.

Can i reuse the tier 4 license on the tier 2 server, or are the licenses only usable on a server of the correct tier?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Please verify below link it may answer ur query:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-tier-3-enterprise-client-tier-2-server

"All licensing is a minimum requirement and NetBackup itself will not go out and count your processors so legally and practically you will have no issues with doing this."

Tier info can be found in  license key certificates or in the IBR , for further more details u can in touch with your  local reseller.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sri_vani
Level 6
Partner

Please verify below link it may answer ur query:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-tier-3-enterprise-client-tier-2-server

"All licensing is a minimum requirement and NetBackup itself will not go out and count your processors so legally and practically you will have no issues with doing this."

Tier info can be found in  license key certificates or in the IBR , for further more details u can in touch with your  local reseller.

Hope this helps

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can do it. Just remember to correct it at renewal time, you're wasting about 1700 USD (MSRP) if you dont.

Sparktacus
Level 3

Thanks guys, that's a big help.

Is it possible to renew at a lower tier when the maintenance comes due?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. That is what Riaan was trying to tell you....