cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Client

Bachchan
Level 6

If I am not wrong we cannot use NBU client License with NBU server License. Correct?

Need to have NBU Enterprise Server License to use it?

6 REPLIES 6

Bachchan
Level 6

I meant NBU Enterprise Client License cannot be used with NBU Server License. Correct?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Correct.  A NetBackup Enterprise Client license cannot be used with a "NetBackup Server" only environment.  The use of NetBackup Enterprise Client features requires a "NetBackup Enterprise Server" licensed environment.

Also mentioned here:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/NBU-Enterprise-Server-License-V-s-NBU-Server-License/m-p/822821...

Thanks sdo!!! so if I have a NBU Server License Tier 2 in this case I can get Xgrade license for NBU Enterprise Server Tier 2 . Correct?

Correct!

There are two server licensing components: NetBackup Enterprise Server and NetBackup Server. NetBackup Enterprise Server includes the complete set of features while NetBackup Server provides a limited feature set.

The clients, agents, and options are designed to work with both versions of NetBackup except for the NetBackup Enterprise Client, which is only functional with NetBackup Enterprise Server.
Organizations that decide later to access more advanced features can easily upgrade to NetBackup Enterprise Server. New functionality is enabled by license key and doesn’t require any additional application upgrades.

Cross-grades (XGRD)
The term “cross-grade” is used to describe when a product or option of lesser functionality is upgraded to a product or option of greater functionality. Not all cross-grade scenarios are allowed.

Server to Enterprise Server
NetBackup Server and NetBackup Enterprise Server software share a common set of NetBackup Clients, Options and Agents.
In the event an organization requires advanced snapshot-based, SAN, and data center scalability solutions, a NetBackup Server investment can be seamlessly upgraded to a NetBackup Enterprise Server solution.

Per Tiered Server
NetBackup Enterprise Server XGRD from Server Windows, Linux, or Solaris x86
NetBackup Enterprise Server XGRD from Server UNIX (includes Solaris SPARC)
Per Tiered Server

Thank you so much Jose !!!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Please select the post that answered your question and mark as solution.