cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup Error: Unable to create disaster recovery package at \\******: invalid command usage (144)

shox_lw4
Level 2

Veritas Netbackup 10

Catalog Backup get error "Unable to create disaster recovery package at \\******: invalid command usage (144)"

I tried many solutions from documents or communities but I couldn't fix it.

I checked some logs which related to Catalog Backup policy, didn't find anything else.

Please help me !

3 REPLIES 3

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Are you able to access this share as nbsvuser - this is the user on which most likely NBU is running on.

meuhassan
Level 4

The error message "Unable to create disaster recovery package at \******: invalid command usage (144)" indicates that there is a problem with the syntax of the command that is being used to create the disaster recovery package.

There are a few things that you can check to try to fix this error:

• Make sure that you are using the correct syntax for the command. You can find the syntax for the command in the Veritas NetBackup documentation.
  • Make sure that the target directory for the disaster recovery package exists and is accessible.
  • Make sure that you have enough disk space available to create the disaster recovery package.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still getting the error, you can contact Veritas support for assistance. They will be able to help you to troubleshoot the issue and fix the error.

Here are some additional things you can try:

• Check the NetBackup logs for any errors that may be related to the Catalog Backup policy.
  • Try creating the disaster recovery package from a different machine.
  • Try using a different target directory for the disaster recovery package.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tousif
Level 6

Hi,

The mentioned error is very generic for DRPackage. You will get more information about the cause in bpdbm log.
Please share the bpdbm log for more assistance.