cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup MSDP and Data Domain OST on the same master server

dsk1
Level 4

Hi,

I have Netbackup server currently writing to Data domain using OST and we are currently running out of space. Instead of expanding existing Data Domain, we are planning to have new media server with attached storage for MSDP. Are there any limitations to have DD and MSDP to be part of same Netbackup domain? Technically I do not see any limitations . Can someone confirm on this please.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

X2
   VIP   

I can confirm that MSDP and Data Domain OST can be configured on a single domain. My configuration had the DDs introduced last quarter of 2015 with NetBackup version 7.6.0.3 when the system already had an MSDP configured and also doing AIR to another domain. After about 2 months when the backup images on the MSDP expired, we decommissioned it (DD was the replacement).

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree. No problem, Data Domain can co-exist on the same media media server.

hariharan24
Level 4
Certified

Yes, Even single media server can host MSDP Storage server and also that server can be installed with DD OST plugin too..

{MSDP media server (Storage Server) and DD OST plugin can also be installed in a same server.}

4 REPLIES 4

X2
   VIP   

I can confirm that MSDP and Data Domain OST can be configured on a single domain. My configuration had the DDs introduced last quarter of 2015 with NetBackup version 7.6.0.3 when the system already had an MSDP configured and also doing AIR to another domain. After about 2 months when the backup images on the MSDP expired, we decommissioned it (DD was the replacement).

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree. No problem, Data Domain can co-exist on the same media media server.

hariharan24
Level 4
Certified

Yes, Even single media server can host MSDP Storage server and also that server can be installed with DD OST plugin too..

{MSDP media server (Storage Server) and DD OST plugin can also be installed in a same server.}

Thanks all for your confirmation.