cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup and CCR

Patrick_Butler
Level 4
I have exchange 2007 running on windows 2008 64 bit. 2 node CCR environment. usadpo is the cluster mailbox name. That is seen on the public network (100 MB). I aslo have a private network that I use for backups (1 gig). When Netbackup (6.5.3) runs against usadpo it obvisuly runs on the public network I would prefer it to run on the private network istaed. Any ideas that anyone may have to do this?
5 REPLIES 5

Android
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can configure Backup Network to do this in two ways:

1. Making Host Entry in master server pointing to Backup Network ip of client.

2. Host Properties->Universal Settings->Use Specified Network Interface.

Either of these should work.  And to be sure you are using the correct network interface once your changes are made you can use the following command:

<install path>/veritas/netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -hn <client name>

look at the IP it is resolving to, this is the IP that netbackup is using.

Patrick_Butler
Level 4
Normally I would do this but the usadpo name is the name of the cluster so when I run the backups normally they attmept to backup the cluster via the usadpo name. Will this work the same if I setup the backups to run via the private network but make an entry in the host file to usadpo and set the ip to one on the private network?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
use the REQUIRED_INTERFACE = <client backup name or ip> under the bp.conf and your throughput will go trough the backup NIC.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
sorry there is no bp.conf on windows, but you can configure this under the BAR GUI.

Patrick_Butler
Level 4
Thanks I was about to mention that. Though im looking under the BAR to see where I set this