Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup deduplication

Shailesh_raj72
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

I dont have any Netbackup deduplication appliances. My NB version is 7.6 on Linux OS platform.

when I configured the NB policy There is a option Disable client side deduplication..Is it means that deduplication is working on source level?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The option is only applicable if you have MSDP media server(s) in your environment - appliance or MSDP on local storage. Without MSDP this option will be ignored. Selected or not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The option is only applicable if you have MSDP media server(s) in your environment - appliance or MSDP on local storage. Without MSDP this option will be ignored. Selected or not.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

this Option is to disable the client side dedup when policy is selected with the supported client side dedup storage (appliance , MSDP) unit.  and client attributes are selected to use cliend side dedup.

this helps to overwrite the client side dedup option in policy leve when it configured to use in clients attributes  as "perfer client side"

Host Properties > Master Servers > Client Attributes

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can create a deduplication disk pool on your own backup servers. But the disk used must be of premium quality.

Use the wizard in the GUI to create a deduplication pool.

Shailesh_raj72
Level 4
Partner

Thanks Marianne..