cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup encryption 6.0MP2 installation binary

kschong
Level 3

Hi,

Can anyone provide the link to download the binary?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kschong
Level 3

Hi Marianne and Chris,

Thanks for the reply and Inform.

You help is much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not mention your OS on the master?

If Windows, it's already installed with the Server binaries.

If Unix, you can download the Agents and Options from Symantec FileConnect: https://fileconnect.symantec.com/

You will need the product serial number on your license key certificate to download the base 6.0 software.

6.0.2 Encryption patch can be downloaded from: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46858

kschong
Level 3

Hi Marianne,

Sorry, forget to metion OS, i am using Solaris 8. I had install encryption option from Agents and options pack.

However, i was not able to upgrade the encryption option to 6.0MP2.

I have downloaded the patch from the mention link. Inside the patch, it only contain PC-64 encryption option.

I need to have the option that allow me to upgrade my Solaris encryption option to 6.0MP2 so that it is in the same version as my Master server.

Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6

Nothing easy about finding patches that old - there are no TN's that contain a list of links for each patch.

The link (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH46858 ) is for Unix - I have just personally downloaded it - it REALLY contains the 3 files as mentioned in the TN:

Maintenance Pack NB_ENC_60_2_M.tar provides fixes for the Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 Encryption Agent on UNIX clients.

=========================
I. DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
=========================
1) Download NB_ENC_60_2_M_<6 digit number>.tar into the
/tmp directory.

where <6 digit number> is an internal tracking identifier

2) Extract NB_ENC_60_2_M_<6 digit number>.tar
/bin/tar xvf NB_ENC_60_2_M_<6 digit number>.tar

This will create the files:
Vrts_pack.install
VrtsNB_ENC_60_2_M.README
VrtsNB_ENC_60_2_M.tar.Z

Maybe the follow was confusing you?

Description:
Added support for the new PC-x64 client type.

kschong
Level 3

Hi Marianne, 

I have un-zip the installation binary,NB_ENC_60_2_M_282403.tar . .

Indeed it contains 3 files as mention. I install by running Vrts_pack.install , it only install PC-x64 client type into my server and not Solaris version. As such when i check the version_crypt , it only show NetBackup-CRYPT-Solaris8 6.0 .

Am i install the right thing?

Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6

So, that means that the patch simply contains new binaries for WinX64. Nothing else.

Any particular reason why you are on such an old patch level (Release date 2006-03-27 )? Anything prior to 6.0MP4 was simply bad news...

I was battling to find a download link - only when I was able to figure out the exact patch name did I manage to find it.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The ENC_60_2_M pack does indeed only contain binaries for the newly supported (at that time) PC/x64 clients.

There were no changes to the Encryption option to any of the existing 6.0 clients, including Solaris.

So, if your master is at 6.0 MP2, you're OK - already at the most current version of Encryption on your Solaris clients.

kschong
Level 3

Hi Marianne and Chris,

Thanks for the reply and Inform.

Marianne
Level 6

I'm surprised to see that you marked your own post as Solution????

The idea with marking Solutions is that other users with similar issues will find your post, click on the link to the solution, and be taken straight to the answer...

How about this one? https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-encryption-60mp2-installation-binary#comment-5156211