cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup job network speed very slow

Puffy
Level 6
Hi,

Not sure whether it's a netbackup or other problems. Recently I discovered that a job that usually takes 2-3 hours to complete now takes forever. I check and found that the backup speed is 170 kb/s. The progress bar says it will take 1000 minutes. I have rebooted the client and ask the network engineer whether they have changed any settings in the switch. But no far no one has changed anything.

Is it the network or netbackup settings that need to be tweaked.

THanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
If this happened "out-of-the-blue", and other backups are working fine (ie, there's no bottleneck on the way to the tape device), I would check:

1. the check the integrity of the HBA on the client
2. verfiry sound name resolution b/w the client and the master/media server(s)
3. ensure nothing has changed in firewall or port settings affecting the client.

Stumpr2
Level 6

Roobix.Cube wrote:
If this happened "out-of-the-blue", and other backups are working fine (ie, there's no bottleneck on the way to the tape device), I would check:

1. the check the integrity of the HBA on the client
2. verfiry sound name resolution b/w the client and the master/media server(s)
3. ensure nothing has changed in firewall or port settings affecting the client.

1. addendum - ensure full duplex
2. addendum - flush/rebuild DNS, check shortname vs FQDN, enter hostnames into local host files on client, master and media servers

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
what about your media server buffers? have you change any of this settings? but deffenitly you will need to check that your cards, switch are 100/1000 full-duplex.

regards

Robert_Minser
Level 4
Also make sure the switch setting matches your server setting on the NIC.
Could be the NIC is not meshing with the switch.
Could be the NIC itself.
On the DNS make sure to check both forward and reverse lookup.