cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Master Server with Windows Server 2008 r2

brunofernandez
Level 3

Hello friends

I'm trying to install our new Master Server with Windows Server 2008 r2 and Netbackup 7.1.0.2.

The Tape Library is a iScalar 2000 with three LTO2 slots and the server is an HP Proliant 385 G5. The problem ist that the library is not presented on the device manager of windows. Even not as an unknown device...

SAN-Zoning and Presentation is ok because  tried to install the system with windows 2003 and it recognized the library as an unknown device. As well the x86 system as the x64 version.

only when I install the 2008 the library will ne be recognized.

Driver should be all ok. I installed the HP Support Package with all Drivers and even the qloic driver for my FC-cards.

Do I have to install a new feature ore a role?? have no idea how to go on.

thank you for your help!!!!

7 REPLIES 7

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

call the manufacturer and have them set it up.

brunofernandez
Level 3

no chance to do it by me?  what will they do to recognize the library? drivers? new firmwares?

pikachu
Level 6
Employee Certified

If the manufacturer's manual does not help, you should probably post in their forum and if that doesn't help... ppen a ticket with them.

I am not saying you can't figure this out on your own, I am just saying you are probably on the wrong forum.

brunofernandez
Level 3

ok you're right. just tought that somebody maybe could help me. there are lot of users that work with scalar libraries!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If the OS (Device Manager) doesn't see the devices, there is nothing that NetBackup or drivers can do to fix it.

NBU needs the devices to be visible and configured at OS level in order to use them.

Bmitche
Level 5

As Marianne says....If windows does not see your library...netbackup will not see it either. Call the manufactucurer, or download the latest drivers.

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Sounds like a zoning problem.  If the OS is not seeing it, you can add a SAN admin tool to see everything on the Media Server that the HBA can see.  If you don't see the Robot, then review zoning.

Drivers are only helpful if the OS can actually see the devices.

Maybe even try to direct attach the robot to take the robot out of the picture.