cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to discover bare metal restore client

sysahamed
Level 4

Hi guys,

I am not able to  discover metal restore client on Netbackup 6.5 as i am getting the below error. I am getting this error for other options in Bare metal restore as well...

/bin/sh:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bmrs:not found (Status 10

Thanks...

10 REPLIES 10

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Which operating system you are trying to discover?

Actually bmrs command is not required to do discovery. This might be a bug also as 6.5 is too older version.

Please can you provide generated discovery logs.

Also I would recommend moving to either latest 6.5 version i.e. 6.5.6 or 7.x if at all possible.

Thanks.

Mandar

sysahamed
Level 4

Just tried to use BMR discover client option in GUI & got the above stated error. Other GUI options in BMR are also throwing the same error.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Do you see bmr master server daemon running (bmrd process)?

Thanks.

Mandar

sysahamed
Level 4

bmrd daemon is not running.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

That is the problem why you are not able to see any BMR menu.

Did you install BMR 6.5 add-on package? Was the setup successful?

I think probably BMR DB configuration was not happened successfully and thats the reason BMR master service is not running.

In case you do not have any BMR enabled backup taken even from this master server then try running below command:

bmrsetupmaster -redo

Make a note that this will try re-setup of bmr database and in case you have taken any client bmr enabled backup or setup any boot server, created any srt; all these records will be removed. So first confirm this.

If above command runs successfullly then try starting up bmrd daemon or restart whole netbackup service. Confirm if the service is starting up.

Thanks.

Mandar

sysahamed
Level 4

How to check whether BMR package has been installed & it is successful?  

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Do you have bmr* binaries in netbackup/bin folder? including bmrd server?

Go to netbackup/bin folder and fire, bmrs -o query -r database -table currentversion

OR

bmrs -o query -r database -table nbuversionsupport

If you have BMR setup successful then this command would return BMR package current version and its support matrix.

Thanks.

Mandar

sysahamed
Level 4

bmrs binaries is not available in netbackup/bin folder.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Please find BMR and BBS (BMR Boot server) packages in your 6.5 installable. You need to install them explicitly in case BMR needs to be enabled.

Please refer BMR 6.5 admin Guide for details steps for setup and configuration.

Thanks.

mandar

falti_manullang
Level 5
Partner

On netbackup 65, you must install BMR binaries first.