cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification in Veritas

BigSistaOf3
Level 2

Hello all,

I have a situation that needs some assistance... I have an enterprise that has Win2k3 F/P servers and using Veritas 6.0 MP5. We have attempted to use VxSS, but it is limited in its ability to granuarly assign rights; so we are moving away from using it. What I would like to know is this... is there a way to set up an email or SMTP notification in Veritas so that I get an email or alert when someone outside of myself makes any change to Veritas- more specifically, to the policies. I have looked at using bpnotify, but I don't think it will cover what I am looking to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

subhojit_pal
Level 4

Hello,

You can use Netbackup Operations Manager to set alerts.

For details on NOM check this starting guide.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/285150.pdf

Otherwise, bpplinfo is the command to change policies . So, you can write a script which monitors if bpplinfo has been run or not 24X7. But this will be very combersome.

Thanks,

Subhojit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

subhojit_pal
Level 4

Hello,

You can use Netbackup Operations Manager to set alerts.

For details on NOM check this starting guide.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/285150.pdf

Otherwise, bpplinfo is the command to change policies . So, you can write a script which monitors if bpplinfo has been run or not 24X7. But this will be very combersome.

Thanks,

Subhojit.

BigSistaOf3
Level 2
Thanks, this info helped a lot.Robot Happy