cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenVms for Netbackup question

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
I have a master with NetBackup 5.1 mp5 and I have been requested to install OpenVMS for (ALPHA) 7.3-2 and OpenVMS(VAX) 7.1. I am unable to locate a 5.1 version of OpenVMS, only 5.0 and 6.0.

If 5.0 is the version I need to install on the client, what kind of installation is required for the master server, do I need to install an agent.

Thanks

Junaid
9 REPLIES 9

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
I forgot to ask, do i need a special License Key for Open VMS.

Thanks

zippy
Level 6
Junaid

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?messageID=4429786韚

JD

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
James,
Thanks for the link, I found it very useful. I have another question though.

On the Veritas website I saw the following NetBackup Media Kit available for OpenVMS.

Component Description HRO

SKU# N12933Y CD,NetBackup DataCenter,VMS,Client,v5.0,English HRO 6828 - Require this copy

SKU# Q18279Y CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English HRO 7085 - Have two Copies

14-000885-011 CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English HRO 7085 - Require this copy as well

I have (SKU# Q18279Y - CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English), do I require (14-000885-011 - CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English) the following as well and do you know the difference.

I planning to install OpenVMS for OpenVMS(ALPHA) 7.3-2 and OpenVMS(VAX) 7.1, which are both supported by NetBackup.

All i now need is a License, as OpenVMS is backward compatible with a NetBackup master or media server (5.1) running an earlier NetBackup release.

Thanks

Junaid

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
James,
Thanks for the reply, I found it very useful. I wrote a reply earlier in the morning, but for some reason, it did not get posted. So I will attempt for the second time.

NetBackup Media Kits
The following NetBackup Client 5.0 and 6.0 GA OpenVMS CD-ROM Media

Component Description HRO

SKU# N12933Y CD,NetBackup DataCenter,VMS,Client,v5.0,English HRO 6828 - Require this copy

SKU# Q18279Y CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English HRO 7085 - Have two Copies

14-000885-011 CD,NetBackup Client,OpenVMS,v6.0,English HRO 7085 - Require this copy as well

I received a media kit from Veritas for OpenVMS (Q18279Y), but can you confirm if I need the following (14-000885-011) as well, are these the same thing or something different. I am planning to install Openvms for the following clients:

OpenVMS(ALPHA) 7.3-2 and OpenVMS(VAX) 7.1

As I found out that NetBackup for OpenVMS installation CDROM is backward compatible with a NetBackup master or media server (5.1), so I am planning to install Version 6 of OpenVMS.

Thanks

Junaid

zippy
Level 6
Junaid,

3.x days the box of cd's came with the VMS client

your company should have a login ID to this web site.

https://my.veritas.com/productcenter/VPCLogin.jsp

Go here and order the CD or download it.

JD

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
I have got the CDs at long last, but can you tell me if i require a licence key for OpenVMS, to placed on the master server.

Thanks

Junaid

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
Outstanding question

Junaid_Mohammad
Level 4
License Key is required for OpenVMS which is entered on master server.

zippy
Level 6
Junaid,

License Key's for extensions, server and client are needed for Netbackup version 4.x to present, they are not needed for 3.x and below!

Just a piece of worthless trivia.

JD