cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ops Center Reporting - Restore Details

SYM-AJ
Level 5

I currently have Ops Center Analytics installed (V8) and need to get a report detailing ALL restore operations conducted in the past 7 days.  The details I need are as follows:

Date / Time

Master Server

Client (where file came from)

Operator (user who signed in and initiated restore)

Filename / Directoryname restored

Size of restore job / number of files

Location restored to (server / directory)

I am no SQL guru - and have looked at the SQL Database Schema document but this only confused me more......

Has anyone got an SQL which will provide this, or a template I can work from ?

Thanks,

AJ.

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hello SYM,

you can not get the exact user name, unless you have NBAC configured in the enviornment.

most of the restore detaails can be pulled from avaliable templates report

Opscenter--> Report Templates-->Restore reports--> Restore job details

this restore report also has someother report see if they help you as well.

if you are looking for more details in  report, you can always use Custom report and choose what ever the feild you are looking for into the report.

Ram,

Thanks for the response, however these reports do not provide me with much of the information required.  The key for me is to know what was restored, when and by whom.  I understand from your reply that without NBAC the user is not available, I would have thought that as we all now have to sign-in through the Java Console that the user WOULD be available within the data....

Either way, I think I am looking at using an SQL query to get the level of detail I need - and that is where my experience is limited.

Thanks,

AJ.

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Hi,
I've created a report test from opscenter using the fields that you posted before, but unfortunately I cant found the field "User" ( Who make the restore). Take a look

OpsCenter_Report.jpgSo, maybe you can found something on this TN

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Downloads/OpsCenter-common-custom-reports/ta-p/809039

Regards,

Thiago

Thiago,

Thanks for that - can you share the SQL code ?

AJ.

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Sure, can you check you e-mail?

Regards,

Thiago

Hello Thiago , 

is it applicable to share me the query you did for the report above ?

Thanks
Amr Tarek