cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle - The license for the requested feature is not available.

Servet
Level 4
Partner
Hello All, I'm having this known error.  Oracle: 10gMaster: Solaris 10 - 6.0 MP6Both of SAN Media Server - 6.0 MP6 We have 2 SAN media server, They are clustered (SUN Cluster). We are backing the DB as seprated via 2 instances. I mean we are not using virtual hostname.  If anyone has experienced like this issue, let me know please. Thanks in advanced. Servet  I've seen the following messages in the bpdbsora log from client (it is also SAN media server).   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The most weird messages are;  13:16:58.247 [1892] <4> VxBSAGetEnv: INF - returning - <FEATURE_ID> --------- 13:17:43.569 [1892] <16> bsa_checkFeatureId: unable to check if feature <36> is licensed 13:17:43.574 [1892] <16> bsa_checkFeatureId: Server exit status = 25: cannot connect on socket 13:17:43.574 [1892] <16> VxBSAInit: ERR - The license for the requested feature is not available. I've checked license's features, we have Oracle license and it is VALID. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13:17:13.409 [1892] <2> nb_connect_to_vnetd_or_legacy: comm.c.1971: vnet_connect_to_vnetd_or_service failed: 18 I'm able to connect via bpcd and vnetd.. Really confused..----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Is the oracle agent installed on the client? and not necesarily the license issue must be with your oracle, the error you have is a 25 error pointing to be a connection issue with your license server or master, check that network issue first and maybe the license problem is just part of the lack of communication.

Servet
Level 4
Partner

Hello  Omar,

First of all thanks alot for your reply. It sould not be network issue, actually it is NOT. Because I'M able get FS backups from that client (It is also SAN media server & one of nore SUN cluster).. And alos I could telnet via bpcd and vnetd ports.

I've tried all ways for solutions.. I've create new template, new policy, new script..

I can say that am not bad at the NBU side but I'm not ok at the Oracle side. I mean, maybe there should be need to do something at the DB side like crosscheck...etc. I'm not really sure what shall or need to do at the DB side.

Thanks. Regards.

Servet