cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports need between Netbackup 6.5.4 and Sharepoint

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

i have a sharepoint as medium farm

• three serves act as 2 web fronts and one application server in front end zone
  • SQL server at back end zone.
  • netbackup server in the front zone

there is a firewall between the two zones

Q.so i need the required ports to be opened to backup the sharepoint ?

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need port 13724 (vnetd) to be opened bidirectional between all clients and master/media server.

As from NBU 7.0.1, port 1556 (PBX) is also used for client comms - you might as well request that port as well for future use.

See: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136090

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

thanks for your fast response ...

but i want to ask , is any additional port need to open between sharepoint and sql , when be backed up ?

Notes:

take consideration that the sql servers in back zone .

which is separated by firewall

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6

No, those are the only ports. It doens't matter what type of client or db or app you're backing up.

Check the note

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136090

Oddy
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

If you are getting a status 71 when it tries to backup the sql database it could indicate that there is problems with the communications problem between the front and the backend server.

I would recommend to open the vnetd and bpcd port bidirectionally in the firewall from the backend to the front end and the media server.

If you still get status 71, try to open the rpc port between the sql backend and front end server. Verify that you can connect remotely to the registry from the front to backend and vice versa using regedit.

Good tip is to try to telnet to the ports both ways to make sure you can connect, i.e from backend sql server

telnet <front end server> 13724

telnet <front end server> 13782

and try the same from front end to backend server.

I hope this helps.

/Oddy

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

thanks again for ur response but my case is

when i backup the sql individually , it done successful ,

when i backup the system state of the share point servers , it done successfull

the problem appears when i backup the sharepoint resources /

Marianne
Level 6

"the problem appears when i backup the sharepoint resources / "

Please help us to help you - what problem are you experiencing? Error code when running the backup?

Ahmed_ELHalwagy
Level 4

it's hanging

and the job not working

we have a blade system so i add another NIC  on the one of the sharepoint server , i assinged this new NIC with ip from back zone after doing that i tested the backup of sharepoint and it worked successful ,

but it's a work around and our network policy doesn't agree with that , so i need the ports that will be opened between the sharepoint server and sql with  the sharepoint job is running