cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querying backup logs

gpw928
Not applicable

Hi,

We use bplist to query our NetBackup server each morning to examine the last date the password file has been backed up for each backup client host on our SLA list.  This query runs from an existing client of the NetBackup server (our system admin home machine).  This is a simple "failsafe", ensuring that every host that should be backed up is being backed up.

We now have a second site and a second NetBackup server, but still just one SLA list maintained on our system admin home machine.

I am trying to figure out the best architectural solution for querying both NetBackup servers, from a single host (our system admin home machine), to find out the last backup date for /etc/passwd on each backup client.

I realise that I could use ssh to reach out to each NetBackup server.  But:

1. is it possible to configure the NetBackup servers to authorise the system admin home machine to query both NetBackup servers using bplist?
  2. can bpplclients be run on a client (as opposed to a NetBackup server)?

TIA,

--

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

1: If you put the admin home machine in the server list it fully authorized.

SERVER = {admin home name}.

You control which master server to query by the -S switch (bplist) or -M (bpimagelist). Check the doc for what setting a specific command use.

2: No - bpplclients is a master server command. You can use the command on the admin home host if it's put on the server list.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

1: If you put the admin home machine in the server list it fully authorized.

SERVER = {admin home name}.

You control which master server to query by the -S switch (bplist) or -M (bpimagelist). Check the doc for what setting a specific command use.

2: No - bpplclients is a master server command. You can use the command on the admin home host if it's put on the server list.