cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAN Oracle Not Backing up Control File

JayK
Level 3

Hi All,

RMAN is calling Netbackup 6.0 MP4 to backup an Oracle Database from a FRA on VCS Cluster. This is called by TWS and works fine. However the Control Files are not being backed up, and there are no errors in Netbackup.

Ive spoken with our Database team who contacted Oracle who in turn said it was a known problem and to remove DISALLOW_CLIENT_RESTORE from the bp.conf on the master server. We already do not have this entry in the bp.conf.

The DBA's have gone back to Oracle who continue to say its a problem with the Netbackup Media Layer.

Anyone had this problem or know of anything that may help?

Thanks

Jay

3 REPLIES 3

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner
Without backup script and errors from RMAN there is very difficult to find solution for you..

JayK
Level 3

I asked the DBA's and there are no errors from RMAN either. I cant get logs up or anything due to the contract i work on. :(

Might be one for support.

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified

It certainly has to do with the RMAN Script as RMAN Builds up the backup pieces and passes them to Netbackup. You could imagine netbackup as a data mover here to a certain extent.

If we can get to see the script we can analyze the situation better.

Also, can you execute the following the script and let me know if it is still not backing up the control file.

connect to the rman catalog and run
run {
allocate channel ch00 type 'sbt_tape';
backup current controlfile;
release channel ch00;
}