cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover a Oracle Database

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello I backup all days my Oracle Databases usinf tmp files. I saw the backups jobs ended perfect but now when I try to restore a oracle database, The restore option do not show the history of the oracle databases backups. Whats Wrong??? I use Oracle Policy, tpl file and backups jobs running perfect Please any suggestion will be welcome. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you seen this post : https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-see-oracle-backup-restoration-window?

Browse/Restore options can be found in Nbu for Oracle Guide:

p. 116:
Browsing backups
This section describes procedures for browsing backup images.

Using the RMAN repository to browse backups
You can use the RMAN report and list commands to browse Oracle backups.
See “Maintaining the RMAN repository” on page 109.

Using bplist to browse backups
You can use the bplist command to browse Oracle backups. The command returns a list of backup file names.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marianne
Level 6
Have you seen this post : https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-see-oracle-backup-restoration-window?

Browse/Restore options can be found in Nbu for Oracle Guide:

p. 116:
Browsing backups
This section describes procedures for browsing backup images.

Using the RMAN repository to browse backups
You can use the RMAN report and list commands to browse Oracle backups.
See “Maintaining the RMAN repository” on page 109.

Using bplist to browse backups
You can use the bplist command to browse Oracle backups. The command returns a list of backup file names.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Sap, oracle (and a few others I guess) are 'different' so as per Marianne you need to lose your preconceptions and follow the guide.
bplist -t 4  is a starting point to reassure you that you have indeed got backups on tape.

Jim

HEMANPR
Level 6
Hello
I got the list of all my backups but I just saw a list with
/bk_yb8jabfn_s5678_p1_t724884451
/ctrl_ub7hys460_s5873_p1_t755667984

How to display this with date? How to know the correct bk to restore?

Thanks for help.

HEMANPR
Level 6
I read on the Marrianne provides guide about cant restore to another instanse or location, Just to the original location.

Any option for restore or redirect to another location?

Thanks for your help.

Marianne
Level 6

Try to add -l option with bplist.
Extract from Commands manual:

-l
Lists in a long format that contain mode, owner, group, size in bytes, and time of last modification for each file (see the EXAMPLES section).

About redirection:

Since the restore is handled by RMAN, the restore will go to where the DBA has created the database.

If you Google the following "Clone Oracle database using RMAN" you will find some good links.
I leave that to the Oracle dba's - all I need to know is how to allow for Redirected Client restores and to ensure that the media is available.

HEMANPR
Level 6
Marianne...One more time, THANKS YOU FOR SUPPLY A VERY COMPLETE AND HELPFULLY INFORMATION
You are very helpfully on this forum. THANK YOU VERY MUCH