cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Libraries

erose
Level 3

Hello All

I have search and am unable to find a way to rename our tape libraries.  We are running NB 7.5.0.3, with VM master SLES 11SP2 and two media physical media servers running SLES 10SP4 and SLES11SP2.  

We setup a non-production media server with two different libraries, Scalar i80 and Scalar i500 for a total of 6 LTO-5 drives and a production media server with only one Scalar i80 with 4 LTO-5 drives.  

The problem is that I just accepted the default names for the libraries when I installed them and for some of the admins it is confusing.  So I would like to rename the libraries.  Is that possible and if so how do I do it.

thanks

ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Nope!! STU name != robot/library name...

I do not believe there is any way to change NBU robot naming convension from TLD(0), TLD(1), etc to anything else.
I know how I personally got confused with multiple robots at customer sites - they themselves had a hard time pointing out 'siteA' and 'siteB' robot....

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

erose
Level 3

I guess my question is wrong.  I need to rename the robots that are assigned to each media server.  Does that have any ill affects?

thanks

ed

erose
Level 3

The libraries/robots show up currently as TLD(0-2) and we would like to change them to dpci80-01, dpci80-03 and dpci500-01

how can I do that?

-ed

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

When you run the robot configuration, on the "Configure Storage Units" screen. Click properties and you will see a space to change the name of the robot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzIfM-yLgA

1:54 has a screen shot of where to change it.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Nope!! STU name != robot/library name...

I do not believe there is any way to change NBU robot naming convension from TLD(0), TLD(1), etc to anything else.
I know how I personally got confused with multiple robots at customer sites - they themselves had a hard time pointing out 'siteA' and 'siteB' robot....

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Ah, classic rookie mistake. Thank you for the correction!

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I agree with Marianne - I'll be honest, I've never tried, but I've never noticed the option.  Perhaps more importantly, I've never seen a system with robots anything other than the standard names.

However, as you can change drive names, why not change the drive names to reflect the location of the robot.

Martin

thesanman
Level 6

I change my drive names to library_name-Drive-xx-LTO4 so they sort nicely in the Device Monitor.

plus I change the media Volume Group to reflect the the library, TLD number and media type which means you can sort by the Volume Group column.

e.g. library_name-TLD-0-HCART3