cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaceing a DLT drive

famousmoke
Level 2

I  have a surestore 2/60 with 2 DLT8000's in it. One drive is giving me problems so I'm sending it out for repair to calif from PA. I powered down the netbackup server [HP_UX], powered down the library, removed the drive, powered the library backup, once it went green I powered up the HP server. The drive for repair will probably be out till next week sometime. Anything else that needs to be done ?

This was setup somewhat strange, the HP N class has two scsi cards, the 2/60 has a controller, one LVD goes to the controller then out to the -0- drive, the other LVD from the server went straight to the -1- drive, both are terminated. The second -1- drive has been down for about 2 weeks now but it was in and powered, I noticed that my backups seem to be running in the 2400kbs vs the normal 4500kbs with the second drive physically removed.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

F_J
Level 4

Check bptm log on the media server for problems.

When a replacement drive comes in, you have to re-run the device configuration wizard to register the new drive as it will have a new serial number.

famousmoke
Level 2
The repair place tells me it will be the same drive, just new parts to fix the ejection and rewind, maybe new head/heads. Then the second one goes out for the same, I hate not having spares on hand but I've only been here for 8 weeks.