Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication using Netbackup?

unixlife
Level 4
Partner

Hello All,

I am new to NetBackup and would like to know is it possbile to replicate my Solaris SPARC 10 server A to B in realtime over a WAN/DSL link using netbackup 7' and its add on/built-in software feature called RealTime? I have SL24 tape library on server A.

Please help indecision.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Realtime does not replicate a whole machine as such, it provides continuos data protection (which could be at your second site should bandwidth permit). This means that you can restore server A to anypoint in time, and you could probably do it to Server B.

Your requirement sounds more like something you would do with Storage Foundation and the replication option. VVR does block level replication of data volumes you designate (not O/S) to another host.

If you have more questions please reply.

R

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Realtime does not replicate a whole machine as such, it provides continuos data protection (which could be at your second site should bandwidth permit). This means that you can restore server A to anypoint in time, and you could probably do it to Server B.

Your requirement sounds more like something you would do with Storage Foundation and the replication option. VVR does block level replication of data volumes you designate (not O/S) to another host.

If you have more questions please reply.

R