cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Disk Setup

Project_Man
Level 4

Netbackup 6.5

Having issues setting up advanced disk, I have the right license "flexible disk option" and its enabled as an active license.

But I cannot create a advanced disk pool, there is no option for it when I run the configure disk pool wizard? Is there something I have missed some step that needs to be completed so I can see the option? Do we need to do something on the media server?

All help much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Have you created the advanced disk storage server as per the extract from the SSO guide below?

The following is the path to the nbdevconfig command:
■    UNIX: /usr/openv/NetBackup/bin/admincmd

■    Windows: install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd

To configure an AdvancedDisk storage server in NetBackup

1    Determine if the storage server is configured already.

2    Run the following command on the NetBackup master server or the media server:
nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server storage_server -stype AdvancedDisk [-st storage_type] -media_server media_server [-setattribute attribute]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Have you created the advanced disk storage server as per the extract from the SSO guide below?

The following is the path to the nbdevconfig command:
■    UNIX: /usr/openv/NetBackup/bin/admincmd

■    Windows: install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd

To configure an AdvancedDisk storage server in NetBackup

1    Determine if the storage server is configured already.

2    Run the following command on the NetBackup master server or the media server:
nbdevconfig -creatests -storage_server storage_server -stype AdvancedDisk [-st storage_type] -media_server media_server [-setattribute attribute]

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

See the below Symantec KB. It may help you.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59373

Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.5 Administrator's Guide for UNIX and Linux, Volume 1: Provides information on performing most common configuration and administration tasks with NetBackup 6.5 including: - Managing media, storage units, unit groups, catalogs and lifecycle policies - Firewall Configuration - Firewall ports used for communication. For more details you can view the below guide.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52801