cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Exchange 2007 mailbox to RSG backed up with snapshot policy (VSS)

konrad
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi

I have short question about restoring Exchange 2007.

I have a two-node Exchange 2007 CCR cluster. I use snapshot backup (VSS). I thought it is in fact a "file-based" backup and the restore cannot be redirected to the Recovery Storage Group.

What can you tell me about it? Could I redirect a restore to RSG?

I use NetBackup 6.5.3.

Thx for any help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

konrad
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thank you for your reply.
You are right, it is not supported in 6.5.3. A restore to a RSG is supported in NB 6.5.4 (Exchange 2007 only).

Thx

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gerald_W__Gitau
Level 6
Certified
The following describes how to restore the backups that are performed with the Snapshot Client feature. Note the following when you perform restores:

All databases in a storage group must be dismounted before you begin a restore operation. You can instruct NetBackup to dismount the databases before the restore begins.

All of the images you select for the restore must be from Snapshot Client backups.

Objects must be restored to the original location from which they were backed up (Exchange 2003 SP1 or a later, or Exchange 2007). If you restore individual databases to a different location, Exchange does not allow the transaction logs to be rolled forward.

A restore to an Exchange Recovery storage group is not supported.

konrad
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thank you for your reply.
You are right, it is not supported in 6.5.3. A restore to a RSG is supported in NB 6.5.4 (Exchange 2007 only).

Thx