Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Speed using Remote office backup over MSDP NBU 7.1

Boomchi
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi ,

We are planning to backup couple of our remote servers using netbackup 7.1 and Client Side dedup or MSDP , I know that we need to seed the MSDP for the first time if the data in remote office is Large , however I am more concern about the Restores and speed of the restore in case of Remote backup of client.

I could not find any documentation regarding the restores process/percedures or any best practices in case of remote backup. If someone can share some information would be great.

Regards,

Kshitij

1 REPLY 1

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Seeding can be done using the method in this note http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144437

Once seeded the transfer of data (deduped) will obviously be low.

Restores of small amounts of data wont be an issue. For high volume restores and depending on your WAN links, you might need to employ the method described in the note above in reverse. If your remote sites are a little bigger than the common small site you might want to place a MSDP onsite. At least then you can restore fully without issue.

Unfortunately there is no magic fix for this, WAN links are the issue, and dedupe will help for backups, but not for restores.