cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore fails with error:awaiting resource XXXXXXX A pending request has been generated for this resource request. Operator action may be required.

Backup_123
Level 2

I am getting following error on restore. this error is intermittent. I am using Netbackup 7.1. Windows 2008 R2.

awaiting resource XXXXXXX A pending request has been generated for this resource request.
Operator action may be required. Pending Action: No action.,
Media ID: XXXXXXXX, Barcode: XXXXXXXXX, Density: hcart3, Access Mode: Read,
Action Drive Name: N/A, Action Media Server: N/A, Robot Number: N/A, Robot Type: NONE,
Volume Group: ---, Action Acs: N/A, Action Lsm: N/A

Please help. it's urgent.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

They are not in the library, can you see those tapes in tld 0 or any other if you have.Standalone section relates to all tapes that NetBackup knows but not in the library. Also are you using the standalone drives or library? Please provide us more information to help you in better way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Backup_123
Level 2

Intermittent means :- Restore works for some dates but not for other dates. this issue is with all the clients restore.

sksujeet
Level 6

Are you sure the tape is in the same library from where it got backed up.This happens when you have multiple tape libraries controlled by different media servers.

Eg: Let's assume you have 2 tape library tld 0 and tld 1. The media server A is controller for tld0 and media server B is controller for tld1. If you ran a backup and it was ran by media server A then it will pick the tape from TLD0. While restoring if you put the same tape in TLD1 then it will generate the pending request.

To resolve this move the tape back to the same library. You can check the detailed status of the restore job and it will show you which media server it is picking. Check the old backup and see which media server it used to backup the same client.

The other option is to do media host override.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In addition to above excellent post - you can find all media id's needed for the restore listed in the beginning of the restore job.

You need to ensure that all of these tapes are in the robot.

Backup_123
Level 2

@Sazz and Marianne :- I confirm that the tape is in the same library from where it got backed up. also I can see that all the tapes which are required for restore are in "standalone" section of Media in Netbackup console with characteristics mentioned below.. also when i query the media for images it shows that images are there on it but probably netbackup is not able to mount it.

Media ID Barcode Media Type Robot type Volumepool Appliacation 
XXXXX XXXXX HCART3 NONE Scratch Netbackup

sksujeet
Level 6

They are not in the library, can you see those tapes in tld 0 or any other if you have.Standalone section relates to all tapes that NetBackup knows but not in the library. Also are you using the standalone drives or library? Please provide us more information to help you in better way.

sksujeet
Level 6

also why are they in Scratch pool, are these tapes already overwritten. It seems the tapes are expired and if you are sure these are not overwritten do the import of these tapes to get your data.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As per above post - seems media has expired in the meantime or else someone in your team has expired and ejected these tapes.

Best you investigate what happened....