cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore individual files from backup was made with VCB

Verneti_Berny
Level 6
I have problem to restore a directory that was backed up in a policie using VmWare Consolidated backup, I'm trying to restore using parameters in documentation 293350 from Symantec docs, but I encountred error as like, "cannot connect on socket" or "client host name cannot be found". I'm using the client name as the same used on backup policie.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sriram
Level 6

The concept of VCB works like this:

Backup of a VM host using VCB can only be restore to the TANK which is allocated to VCB proxy media server, which is used for the purpose of taking snapshot of the client and storing there during backup.

When you try to perform a restore to the client which was used in the VCB backup policy, ofcourse it will fail because the client you are trying to reach does not have any netbackup stuff in it.

hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shans
Level 4
Hi

Please check the connectivity between your master server and the destinatio client . If you are trying to restore using different media server please check the connectivity for that one also with the destination client .

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264886.htm

Verneti_Berny
Level 6
Hi,
I'm using VCB Proxy server as client to connect to Virtual Machine, this VM has a drive mapped in my master server, on windows explorer I can copy files to this drive but when I try to restore files the message appear on activity monitor.
I'm using configurations mentioned on page 20 of  293350 doc Symantec.

Sriram
Level 6

The concept of VCB works like this:

Backup of a VM host using VCB can only be restore to the TANK which is allocated to VCB proxy media server, which is used for the purpose of taking snapshot of the client and storing there during backup.

When you try to perform a restore to the client which was used in the VCB backup policy, ofcourse it will fail because the client you are trying to reach does not have any netbackup stuff in it.

hope this helps

Verneti_Berny
Level 6
Thank you very much Sriram, you really help me.

Verneti_Berny
Level 6

Hi hall,
I'm trying to backup RAW partition on a VM but get error "snapshot creation failed, status 156. I'm using Netbackup 6.5.4.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks

Sriram
Level 6
Hi Verneti,

Nice to here that it helped.

Is your restore issue resolved? if yes please mark my post as resolved.

Please create another forum post for backup question?