cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore only recovers top level folder. Files and child directories not being brought back. (NDMP)

Chris_mcc
Level 2

Hi all,

We are using 6.5.2 on Solaris.  When we run an NDMP restore it only restore the top level selected, none of the files or folder within the first level are restored.

Any ideas?

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
any chance this folder is just a link?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
r u trying to restore the root folder or just part of the backup? NDMP will ask for a full restore, check your destination space.

Chris_mcc
Level 2
No. It is definately not a link. This issue is showing up in every restore we try to do, perhaps 10 or 12 per day. Each time we have to go to the bottom level and manually select the individual files. Bit of a pain, but doable. I now need to restore a massive file system with thousands of folders and don't want to have to select them all.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

There's a difference between selecting/ticking a folder in the left hand folder view - as opposed to selecting/ticking a folder in the right hand folder/file view.  I can't remember which way round it is, one selects just the folders, the other selects all folders/files.

Try using the other "window" pane.      (or is that Windows pain ;) )

Chris_mcc
Level 2

Pain is right...:smileysad:

We have tried both, though I am not sure it should make any difference. This is an issue that has only appeared since late last week. Previous to that it was fine.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Any NetBackup software updates installed recently (last week)?

ValJean
Level 3

This sounds like a function of DAR - Direct Access Restore - and is the 'proper' result.  You might want to consider disabling DAR on your NAS filer, if only to test.  The caveat is that restores may take longer, and the file structure of the restore may be bizarre, with major portions of the restore path repeated, sometimes multiple times.  Our experience with NDMP is that no matter how we use it, it is less-than-ideal, and we have to figure out how to best adapt our processes to cope with that.

There's really nothing quite like individually marking check boxes on 2000 files for a restore, is there?