cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring NDMP to same host different vol

djarjosa
Level 3
  • NetBackup 7 on Server 2008 R2 backing/restoring up a NetApp FAS2020 LUN via NDMP fiber

Here is my situation which I am hoping someone will be able to tell me what I am doing incorrectly.

I have a 600GB LUN that is being backed up just fine over NDMP.  Doing a DR test, so I'm trying to restore this LUN to another 600GB LUN with a different name.  NetBackup says it successfully restored the file although the KBs it says it restored is 160GB and in the LUN all I see are 2 files that equate to 5.17MBs.  Any ideas or if you guys need more information let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

djarjosa
Level 3

I was able to restore the LUN and attach it via NetApp snapdrive.  What I was doing was creating another volume and the LUN inside it.  All I had to do was remove the LUN and point NetBackup just to the volume.  NetBackup automatically created the LUN.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Johnson1
Level 4
Certified

Please review the following document on how to backup and restore LUNs with NetBackup on a filer.

DOCUMENTATION: Supportability information regarding backup and restore of a specific NDMP LUN image.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50347

Please let me know if you have further questions or if this solves your issue.

djarjosa
Level 3

I was able to restore the LUN and attach it via NetApp snapdrive.  What I was doing was creating another volume and the LUN inside it.  All I had to do was remove the LUN and point NetBackup just to the volume.  NetBackup automatically created the LUN.