cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rman backup

aksriniv
Level 3

Hi we are running a rman backup through veritas netbackup 7.1 in windows 2008  we want to know how see the files through backup archive restore window

it runs a rman script from client and policy type has oracle we run a full backup every weekend and cumulative incremental every day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oddy
Level 5
Employee

You cannot see the oracle rman backup in the Backup Archive and Restore window. If you open the BAR gui on the client and connects to the oracle tree you will connect to the live database.

To list the oracle backups for an clien you have to run the bplist command from the command line, i.e

<install dir>\netbackup\bin\bplist -C <oracle client name used in the policy> -t 4 -l -R /

This will list all the oracle backups for the client, to restore you can connect to rman and allocate channels and restore the database. rman will request the backup pieces it needs to do the restore from netbackup.

I hope this helps.

/Oddy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dipendra_Singh
Level 4

Generally DB Team runs the restore of files either through RMAN commands or through scripts and you can see the restore jobs running in your environment.

Oddy
Level 5
Employee

You cannot see the oracle rman backup in the Backup Archive and Restore window. If you open the BAR gui on the client and connects to the oracle tree you will connect to the live database.

To list the oracle backups for an clien you have to run the bplist command from the command line, i.e

<install dir>\netbackup\bin\bplist -C <oracle client name used in the policy> -t 4 -l -R /

This will list all the oracle backups for the client, to restore you can connect to rman and allocate channels and restore the database. rman will request the backup pieces it needs to do the restore from netbackup.

I hope this helps.

/Oddy

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
When Oracle pass it's backup data in form of pieces of byte stream, Oracle does not tell NetBackup what files are included. Oracle only tells identifier of each pieces - "handle". You can get list of handles by bplist command(as Oddy wrote), but to get contents of each backup pieces, you have to run appropriate command on RMAN("LIST BACKUP", I suppose) or ask DB admin.

aksriniv
Level 3

I was able to run the command Bpplist and was able to get the files that are backed up.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please mark Oddy's post as Solution if your query was answered.