Did you mean: 

SAP bckup failed with " on an unavailable NFS file system. Skipping "

Anth105
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

Master NBU  6.5.2
Client SAP    5.1

I have  noticed for the past two days that the SAP backup failed with the following error message reported in both the bpbkar and backint logs files.

(241896.02] 01:09:47 WRN - /oracle/PRB/sapdata4/xx4/xxx.data4 is on an unavailable NFS file system. Skipping
[1327236.02] 01:13:38 WRN - /oracle/PRB/sapdata4/xxx_9/xxx.data9 is on an unavailable NFS file system. Skipping.

What is intriguing is, the file is not in an NFS file system.

I have come across to the following TN's which I dont think, are relevant.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/241840
http://support.veritas.com/docs/289802

any help will be much appreciated.

rgds

Antho

6 REPLIES 6

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
could you post the output of /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpmount?

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6
 please check bpbkar log for furter error details.

orion1
Level 2
We are having the same issue.

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You haven't mentioned the NBU version you are having...

anyways, recommneded to upgrade to the NBU 6.0 <latest-MP> or NBU 6.5 

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
Since the thread opener never gave the bpmount or bpbkar entries this is just a very good guess. Some Unix filesystems, like LOFS in Solaris 10 zones, are treated like NFS shares. In normal backups you can check the "follow NFS"-option in the policy settings. I once had a long conversation with the support, and it's not possible to make the SAP-Agent backup NFS shares, or what NetBackup thinks is NFS.

We're using the Oracle agent now - it doesn't have this "feature" and is much cheaper. The only trouble is, that the SAP Logfiles (sapbackup, saparch) will not be automatically backed up by the brtools. This would require the SAP-Agent additionally. I solved this by adding a bpbackup-call at the end of the backup script...

FrSchind
Level 5
Partner
double post