cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backup Fails with Status Code 2

Casey_King
Level 6

I have a Clustered Environment between 2 Windows 2000 Servers with Veritas Cluster Services.  Generally, the SQL Databases are running on server1 and the SQL and Translog Backups run without any problems.  We had to fail over the SQL databases to server2, and since then the SQL backups are failing.  The Translog backups are successful, but not the SQL backups.

I looked at both systems to compare the differences...but as of yet, I don't see anything.

File Permissions are the same

the nbsql.bch scripts are located in the same place and the policy in netbackup has the right path

Verified the SQL Databases are up (1. users aren't complaining, 2. Logged into Cluster Manager)

Viewed the .bch files for variances, but they are exactly the same.

The NetBackup job kicks off and fails within the first 65 seconds.  Resources are granted, the bpbrm process is started and once the connect begins, it fails immediately.  I've stopped the netbackup client process.  Started the process and reviewed the server logs for errors...but there are none.  Of course, I guess there would be none, because it never actually starts.

Might need to look at the NetBackup MS SQL Client.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Casey_King
Level 6

Figured out the problem....crazy at it may seem.....(I guess not that crazy).  The netbackup client on server 1 was 5.1mp3, on server2 it was 5.1.  Updated to 5.1mp3 and it works now.

Before anyone says....what!?!?! why are you at 5.1 and not at a current version.  We are at current versions ...well almost current.  We haven't gone from 6.0 to 6.5 yet, although, we may be soon.  The majority of the environment is at 6.0MP7, but these two systems are touchy to say the least and we are going with the "if it ain't broke....don't fix it"  until we move away from these systems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Casey_King
Level 6

Figured out the problem....crazy at it may seem.....(I guess not that crazy).  The netbackup client on server 1 was 5.1mp3, on server2 it was 5.1.  Updated to 5.1mp3 and it works now.

Before anyone says....what!?!?! why are you at 5.1 and not at a current version.  We are at current versions ...well almost current.  We haven't gone from 6.0 to 6.5 yet, although, we may be soon.  The majority of the environment is at 6.0MP7, but these two systems are touchy to say the least and we are going with the "if it ain't broke....don't fix it"  until we move away from these systems.