cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Backup Retention Date

raj08
Level 4

Hi All,

I have a below requirement. I need to take a backup image and I need to set the retention level to particular date. For example,

I need to create a new image and set eth expiry till Apl-15-2018. 

Can any one help me on this? And also is there any command to check what are all the manual retention level currently existing in NBU. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

RAJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

bpretlevel will show you what is set.  You add new ones with this command (see manual foe syntax) or use the gui Host Properties > Master server > Retention levels.

You can change any existing one, apart from level 9 - this is always infinity.

You can set a specific date manually :

bpexpdate -backupid <backupid> -d <date>

(or could use -m <media id> instead of backupid)

See the man page for the correct date syntax.

martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

bpretlevel will show you what is set.  You add new ones with this command (see manual foe syntax) or use the gui Host Properties > Master server > Retention levels.

You can change any existing one, apart from level 9 - this is always infinity.

You can set a specific date manually :

bpexpdate -backupid <backupid> -d <date>

(or could use -m <media id> instead of backupid)

See the man page for the correct date syntax.

martin

raj08
Level 4

Thanks martin for the reply. So by using bpexpedate command, we can set the retention of an existing image to specific date.

And right now, I dont have any image. I am just good to go with the createion of new policy. So I want to set the deceided retention on the schedule itself. we will be doing this for specific servers and specific directories. Could you be able to suggest me a way to set the desired retention level from the schedule itself?

RAJ

raj08
Level 4

Thanks a lot Martin. Got it :)

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can't ...

From the schedule, you can only set a retention period, that is x days, hours/ days/ weeks / months relative to when the backup is started.

If you wish to set an exact expire time, you have to do it from the command line/ bpexpdate.

Martin