cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2007

Sig
Level 3
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to backup Sharepoint 2007. I have the latest Netbackup Enterprise 6.5.2

I was not able to find any valuable doc at Symantec that explains how configure NB for Sharepoint 2007. 

Here is my SPPS 2007 setup:
I  have two web front servers, 2 applications servers and SQL cluster 2005. All the 6 servers have the latest Netbackup Client installed.
I found a place under master server properties, where I can specify SHAREPOINT HOST but I'm totally confused what I should enter there:
1) What does it mean Farm Component Host ? - (SPPS application server???)
2) What doaes it mean  FARM FRONT END HOST - is it a virtual server name (load balanced URL address or a physical web front server that is a part on NLB)?

All NB clients are 6.5.2. If I check the properties for one of the clients via NB Admin console, under Windows Clients i see only SHAREPOINT 2003 - should i configure this part or it is only for SPPS2003?

Any advice or suggestion is really appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Jonathan_Martin
Level 4
I had to call Symantec to get this configured properly.  We're running MOS2007 here but my client properties also show SharePoint 2003.  We have a small configuration with a single web front end and application server so I can't help you with figuring out which node is which (they are all the same for me.)  The tech did tell me to use the SharePoint 2003 document though.  Here's a link.

-Jonathan