cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slot number does not appear in Media List GUI

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
I use Aptare to report on my NBU setup.  I am trying to run a report that will send me an email every morning listing the number of Scratch tapes available.  I have a report configured to show me all Scratch tapes that do not have null listed in the media slot column.  I was showing hundreds of available tapes every morning even though I could see there were only 80 or 90 in the library.  It's then that I realized that all of the media that appear in the GUI have a "-" listed in the slot number column.  Has anyone ever experienced this; where no slot numbers are listed in the GUI?  I have an open ticket but thought I'd ask the gang.  The slot number is set to "Show" and not "Hide" so that's not the problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
According to the Veritas NetBackup Device Configuration Guide:

Unlike other robot types, Netbackup does not track slot locations for the media in ACS robots. The Automated Cartridge System Library Software tracks slot locations and reports them to NetBackup.

I have a StorageTek ACSLS library.  It's not the answer I wanted but it is the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6
Actions
Inventory Robot
Compare contents with volume configuration
Start

(they should match, if not, then do
Update volume configuration)

rsamora
Level 5
Certified
According to the Veritas NetBackup Device Configuration Guide:

Unlike other robot types, Netbackup does not track slot locations for the media in ACS robots. The Automated Cartridge System Library Software tracks slot locations and reports them to NetBackup.

I have a StorageTek ACSLS library.  It's not the answer I wanted but it is the answer.