cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some great pieces on disk, high availability, and Exchange with NetBackup

Peter_E
Level 4
Employee
I thought everybody here might be interested to know that our technical product managers has written and posted several excellent technical whitepapers.  They happen to be listed under whitepapers on symantec.com/netbackup.

In particular, I'd recommend the following by Alex Davies - long time guru of NBU.

NetBackup 6.5 Disk Based Data Protection
This paper gives an overview of the disk based data protection technologies included with Veritas NetBackup 6.5 as well as recommendations on when to use the different disk based options.

Implementing Highly Available Data Protection with Veritas NetBackup
Outlines design considerations for effective disaster recovery with Veritas NetBackup 6.5. Includes good, better, and best deployment scenarios.

And another great piece called good, better, best by another long time guru, Bill Roth.

Veritas NetBackup for Microsoft Exchange Server Solution Guide
Outlines design considerations for protecting and recovering Microsoft Exchange environments with Veritas NetBackup 6.5. Includes good, better, and best deployment scenarios.

I would not bug readers of the board if I didn't see great technical value in these papers.  Let me know what you think.

Peter E
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thanks for posting the links. This forum needs to have readily avai;able documentation like you provided. I would even like to see a link of the week at the top of the forum. Thanks again!