cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sql backup performance after upgrade

Maverick101
Level 4
Good day, we have seen a huge drop in our sql backup speeds after upgrade from 8.3.0.1 to 10.1.1

Any tips on this issue will be much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Maverick101
Level 4

Some additional info. We are running on a Flex running version 3.1. From what I can see it only seems to have affected the speed of the SQL backups. VM backups are running fine.

Flex or FlexScale? We have a situation that is eerily similar.

FlexScale 3.1, Netbackup 10.1.1. All our SQL backups run horrifically slow. So far, nothing Support (BCS) has done has made any improvements at all. Backing up to my old OST storage, a 10TB backup takes 2 hours, 4 streams. With the FlexScale, it runs anywhere from 10 to 25 hours. 

Our HANA, DB2, Informix and Oracle DBS are run as expected, sometimes even better. 

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Open a case to support.
One of my customers had the same problem with sql backups after upgrading to 10.0.0.1. They found a problem in deduplication code.

Try to find evidence of the speed before the upgrade and run some backups to a non desuplicated device.

L_BR
Level 5

When a SQL backup starts, is the performance as expected and then it just plummets? 

I have a client (10.0.0.1) that will start off going at 9.5Gbps, and then just plummets

Backup.png

How was it resolved? Can I private message you for the case number so I can hand it over to my BCS?

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I was not involved. I will try to find it

We have similar problem for fix it we installed hotfix and changed file config, obviously we did these after open a case, I gonna check tomorrow and tell more info