cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Units / Storage Units Groups

yannlindemann
Level 4

We have 5 LUN (storage unit basic disk) dedicated for the backup for a total 30TB and we have a library with 4 tapes drives LTO7 but we use LTO6 tapes.

Actually, the duplication water mark is by default, 75/98 for each storage unit.

Each storage units has it own dedicated tape drive for the duplication, I splitted the hcart in 4 units, for 0 to 3.

It become complicate to manage the duplication because we have 5 LUN but 4 tapes...we always have one storage unit without a dedicated tape drive, so I need to change it manuelly. The best way I think is to have 5 LUN with 5 drive, one dedicated for each..

My question is, can I create a storage units groups with all the storage units basic disk in one group and tell to Netbackup to duplicate the highest water mark with one hcart group with 4 tapes drives?

I dont see any setting like this.

You can see my storage units in the attachment

any best practices or recommendation will be very appreciated

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

The option you are looking for is doubtful that it would be available. Thes best option to select is Round-robin

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Yann, something looks odd in the pic, and there is simply not enough detail regarding your config for anyone to be able to comment further... so, if you want further feedback... then...

...if Master Server is Windows, can you show:

bpstulist -L | findstr /i "^$ label type host mpx pool"

...or, if Master Server is Linux/Unix, can you show:

bpstulist -L | egrep -i "^$|label|type|host|mpx|pool"

...thanks.

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

>My question is, can I create a storage units groups with all the storage units basic disk in one group and tell to >Netbackup to duplicate the highest water mark with one hcart group with 4 tapes drives?

You need to gather your tape STU into a STUG and set the STUG as a destination for duplication(relocation) for each Bacis Disc Storage Unit.