cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Slow Performance

Scott_Gibbons
Level 4
Good Morning To You All. I have a new install I just finished in Paris. Here are the details. We are backup up two serves.

Master Server Details
PX502 SDLT600 - Adaptec 29160
Full GB network full duplex on the server
Avg throughput 240kbps
NB 5.1 MP5/Windows 2003 SP1

File Server Details
Full GB Full Duplex
Avg Throughput 6500kbps
NB 5.1 MP5/Windows 2003 SP1

I am getting far better performance across the network then I am locally on the master server. I have incresed the data buffers on the server and I can not figure out why I am getting such poor perfomance on the master server. Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Voyles
Level 4
This seems like a pretty simple configuration. One master server and no media servers. Exactly where are you seeing performance issues? Does the problem exist with both the OS backup and Catalog backup?
Are you collecting true image restore information? What are your VSP configuration settings for each system? Have you taken a look at the event viewer to make sure there are no errors from Netbackup? Have you done performance monitoring on the system to see if there is an application (i.e. antivirus) slowing things down? Are there any disk storage units or other unique configurations?
These answers should give us a better idea of where the problem could be. Thanks :)

Scott_Gibbons
Level 4
I agree, i dont think the installed could be any more vanilla. TIR is on and VSP is not enabled.

Scott_Gibbons
Level 4
I figured it out....... 3 simple words. Symantec Anti-Virus. now i need to figure out how to make them work in harmony.

Scott_Gibbons
Level 4
If anyone else has the same problem, turn off scaning on backup in your SSC