cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Support quality

paralex
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Community, I don't belive that I'm the only one facing difficult times with Symantec Enterprise Support. Comittments are not met, promisis are given and broken and you're unable to get in contact with a TSE. We've got several cases open since more than a week without any reaction from Symantec. Duty managers promis call backs, but nothing happens... This happens even with business crit customers and avanced access.. Getting more and more frustrated with product quality and stability of "enterprise" products like NBU. What's your experience to ospeed up things... Br ax
4 REPLIES 4

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Rather than doing analysis of Symantec tech support quality.

You can post your query / problem at this forum. I am very sure that you will get faster response as compare to tech support executive (thank you Symantec for this official technical platform)yes

However NBU is best backup product but its totally depends the way we are deploying it according to our existing environment. els you will get lot of pain

errrlog
Level 4

Hi Yogesh,

I guess this forum is not all about "I need help please help me.... ". People should be allowed to share their KNOWLEDGE as well as their VIEWS... 

paralex is right... Netbackup support quality is very very poor... and incertain situations, with strict SLA's to deal with, poor support is unacceptable.

Good Support is not always about fixing the issue quickly but about responsiveness and communication. And from experience I believe that symantec has a lot to improve on the later two. 

How ever good the product is a good support is essential and one of the major factor for choosing a product in designing a solution.

EdT
Level 6

The basis of any support agreement is a contract which spells out the terms. If the contract you have with Symantec is not being honoured then you have a legal claim and your legal department or legal representative needs to remind Symantec's legal department of their obligations. It is always regrettable when this has to happen, but just moaning about it here in these forums is not going to solve your problem as I very much doubt that anyone from the top management team of Symantec would ever venture to spend any time on Connect.

The guy in charge of Symantec is Enrique Salem. Why not send a letter of complaint to his office? At the end of the day he is in the best position to kick butt. If he doesn't, then take your business to a different company.

2bornot2bme
Not applicable

I have a License agreement for (17) units of Symantec EndPoint Protection through American PC or their new sister company, ClearPath in Morton, Illinois 61550.  One of the license was for my old laptop that I am replacing with a new Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 license agreement.  my for my old Dell laptop.  EndPoint Protection on my old laptop with Windows XP Pro  Operating System.  I recently bought a new Dell Laptop with Windows 7 Operating System.  How do I get my corporate licensed Symantec Endpoint Protection software transfered to my new company laptop.  Do I need to download a different version for Windows 7 ?

Please Advise?

Rich Brummett / GlassComp, Inc.