cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Volume Information filling up - NBU 6.0MP4

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
I've found an older bit of information from BackupExec in regards to large system files in the system volume infomration folder, that it creates files with a GUID for the name and part of the name is {3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752}.

Is this also a problem with NBU?  I've got roughly 20BG worth of these files sitting on my NOM server and I'm curious if I can delete them or not...the only thing stopping me right now is we also have DFS on this server and I really don't want to delete this if its part of the dfs and have it replicate out to the rest of my servers...that would be bad...very very bad.....

Anyway, I've got at least 1 of these files for what looks like every backup I've done for this year, ranging in size from a few hundred MB to a few GB in size....total is currently 21GB or so.....

Can I safely delete this information does anyone think?  My boss is giving me til noon to research this and after that we just rebuild the server (not a bad option either since I'm new to sys admin and it will give me a chance to install a server/NOM on my own).
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
OK, turns out we had not set a limit on the size of VSS, after going into the "Shadow Copies" for the local disk I was able to specify that I only wanted it to use a few gb of space and get rid of older data....this is now resolved :)

Stumpr2
Level 6
Thanks for the followup Smiley Very Happy