cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapes to eject

Leoooooo
Level 4

Hi everybody,

I would like to automize the ejection of the volumes from the robot, so every tape used on tonight's jobs will be automacally ejected tomorrow morning.

Is there any way to perform this with Netbackup 7.6 running on Windows 2008 RC2?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The feature Your looking for is NetBackup Vault. Check out the Vault admin Guide for more information:

Media can be ejected automatically by a scheduled Vault job
or manually after the job has completed. Media can be ejected for each job
individually or can be consolidated into a single eject operation for multipleVault
jobs.

If you don't have a NetBackup vault license, contact your NetBackup reseller.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The feature Your looking for is NetBackup Vault. Check out the Vault admin Guide for more information:

Media can be ejected automatically by a scheduled Vault job
or manually after the job has completed. Media can be ejected for each job
individually or can be consolidated into a single eject operation for multipleVault
jobs.

If you don't have a NetBackup vault license, contact your NetBackup reseller.

_38
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Review this blog post on using windows scripting to auto eject tapes.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-windows-scripts-automatically-eject-tapes

jim_dalton
Level 6

I too considered Vault but I'm not convinced its the right tool...there seems to be an enormous amount of configging and setting up and this that and the other, whereas all I want to do is it to take whats been written overnight and eject them. I have one copy of everything, theres no duplication , theres no disk.

I havent read the Vault admin guide in depth but what I have read it seems focussed on multicopies and that seems too involved, too complex.

That means unless I'm wrong (and very happy to be shown I am, SymTerry: do you knw it can be made simple?) then Vault isnt the way to go but a script is: in fact we did script, now we dont bother with that even: we just get the media list in the admin gui , do a little sorting and filtering and right click eject.

Jim.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Vault can be quite complex I agree, but to setup from scratch to just eject the previous days tapes takes 5 - 10 mins max.

Select the time period to look back over.

Select the policies to eject from

Add the volume pools to eject from

Turn on reports

... done