cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is going to sound like a daft question...

Trevor_Jackson1
Level 4
Partner
This is going to sound like a daft question, but can NBU 6.5 be upgraded to NBU 7.0 for FREE under a partner agreement? or does the product require new licenses?

Thanks

Trevor 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Just daft answers

I just know that if you have a support agrement for NB you get to upgrade for 'free'.
And it also seems to require new license numbers ( most x.0's do)

Most of us have gotten an email with our new license numbers and serial numbers in them that allow us to go to the portal to download the files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Just daft answers

I just know that if you have a support agrement for NB you get to upgrade for 'free'.
And it also seems to require new license numbers ( most x.0's do)

Most of us have gotten an email with our new license numbers and serial numbers in them that allow us to go to the portal to download the files.

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
to use the new features of NB7, new licenses will will to be purchased -
The same features as before will be available with the original licenses.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6
"As a customer with a current maintenance/support agreement on a previous version of this product, you are entitled to this new release free of
charge as part of your maintenance/support subscription for supported licenses.
Please note that this notification is a product release notice and not a maintenance/support renewal notice. We are
sending you this notification based on our records, which indicate that you have a current maintenance/support agreement
with Symantec" 

Trevor_Jackson1
Level 4
Partner
 thanks for spelling it out in plain and simple language, I got the email today, so we have licenses!!