cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time change issues?

ctate
Level 4
Are there any special Netbackup procedures for when the time changes?  I've never had any problems before when the time changed, but last night I had probably 50 jobs fail with error 58 among other things.  I restarted the jobs and they seem to be okay now. 

Also my vault job which usually takes about 30 minutes ran for 4 hours.

I cycled my Netbackup servers before restarting the jobs just to make sure I had a clean slate.  Well one of my media servers came up with an status "offline" even though alll the services were up.  I rebooted it again... same problem.  I rebooted my master server, well then that media server was back online, but another media server showed only "Active for Disk" with no tape drives available.  I rebooted that media server then everything seems to be fine now.  This is Netbackup 6.0 MP5, Windows 2003 sp2.  I never saw these issues in 5.1 with the servers not coming online correctly after reboots.  Has anyone had similar issues?

And just when I thought I would take it easy and watch some football. 

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Darren_Dunham
Level 6
Maybe... I've never had any problems before either.

I have 6.0MP4 on Linux.  95% of my policies are calendar only, with a full scheduled on either the last day of the month or the 15th of the month.

On Sunday the 4th (DST change locally), quite a few of the policies launched Full backups rather than incrementals.  No idea why.... Caused quite a tape crisis for me.

--
Darren

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I've had a similar thing happen at two sites now.  Most recent was last year (on v5.1 MP3 Windows), when BST changed to GMT, when the whole full schedule kicked in again at 01:00 (i.e. after 02:00 became 01:00).  I sent Symantec complete level 5 logs and evidence, but they said it wasn't a problem.  Whatever.

I haven't had the problem since (on v5.1 MP6 Win) this Spring or Autumn.

Sounds to me like there's definitely still a wierd bug in the scheduler that only creeps out under special conditions.  The more we complain and log these things the more chance there is that they'll actually do something about it.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

This sounds like a SAN switch problem, if is moving between the medias I think you should check your switches for errors, also I will recomend you to check the HBA drivers, try to upgrade that also, I think with this you will get a more stable behavior.

Hope this help.
Regards