cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix File Attribute

ydavid1
Level 3

Good Day VOX Community, 

I know that you can search for an Individual file via the Backup, Archive, and Restore GUI (Restore Files Tab). Is it possible to list the file attribute of a Linux client via NBU?

I performed a full restore to a newly installed Linux OS (this included /etc files).  Prior to the restore, some of the service files are flagged as "Masked" with no error message.  After the restore, the service files are "Masked” but they now send an alert message (see below).  The error message does not affect the system negatively but it is questioned by the server admin when the system is checked after the recovery.  It may be a bug with the OS when a file is re-copied to the /etc directory (I am still researching this). 

I want to avoid this message altogether.  Is it possible to list all “Masked” services and their file attributes from the Full backup prior to starting the recovery?  This will allow me to exclude these files from the restore avoiding the error message.

******OS Service files before Full Restore;

[root@irlb1npc03 ~]# for i in firewalld polkit rhnsd rhsmcertd postfix tuned; do echo $i; systemctl status -l $i; echo; done

firewalld

* firewalld.service

Loaded: vmasked (/dev/null; bad)

Active: inactive (dead)

polkit

* polkit.service

Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)

rhnsd

* rhnsd.service

rhsmcertd

* rhsmcertd.service

postfix

* postfix.service

tuned

* tuned.service

******OS Service Files After Full Restore;

# for i in firewalld polkit rhnsd rhsmcertd postfix tuned; do echo $i; systemctl status -l $i; echo; done

firewalld

* firewalld.service

Jun 12 15:28:29 irlb1npc03 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit firewalld.service, ignoring: Unit is masked.

Warning: firewalld.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

polkit

* polkit.service

rhnsd

* rhnsd.service

rhsmcertd

* rhsmcertd.service

Jun 12 15:28:29 irlb1npc03 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit rhsmcertd.service, ignoring: Unit is masked.

Warning: rhsmcertd.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

postfix

* postfix.service

Jun 12 15:28:29 irlb1npc03 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit postfix.service, ignoring: Unit is masked.

Warning: postfix.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

tuned

* tuned.service

Jun 12 15:28:29 irlb1npc03 systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency job for unit tuned.service, ignoring: Unit is masked.

Warning: tuned.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

#

Note, these services are still masked and inactive, but there is a warning.

1 REPLY 1

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Systemd's detects that  units that are part of standard boot  are masked and just warns you during boot. I thinks it's nothing to worry about and this isn't NBU problem. Have you tried "systemctl daemon-reload"  btw?