cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Questions

jamie_maggard
Level 2
Greetings!

I'm running version NB 5.1MP4 on a Linux 4.0 RHEN with IBM hardware. I running vault, so I'm waiting to make the jump to 6 till I see how MP4 plays out. My question is, should I take the environment to 5.1MP5? The only issue that we are having is with multiplexing, which we discovered when we went from GEN1 to GEN3 tape hardware...this was overcome by not using this feature (after hours on the phone with tech support...)

Jamie
4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6
Jamie,
The best thing to do is to download the README for MP5 and check to see if any of the fixes that are in it are needed for your site. You know your site better than anyone in this forum.

As far as stability, it is a toss up. I am doing fine with my 5.1 MP4, others are doing fine with their 5.1 MP5. Again, different environments.

symantec will always tell you to keep at the latest level.......

jamie_maggard
Level 2
Thanks...I'll check out the Readme...

Hung_Pham
Level 3
Always test and test and then do more test. If your environment is stable dont go upgrading because Veritas said so. Your are the engineer and you know your environment better than anyone else at Veritas.

Lets say that we upgraded some of our environment to use snap. We had nothing but problems and still are not using snap on a normal basis.

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Hi Jamie,

May I know what's the problem you encounter on LTO Gen3 tape drive? Are you using IBM's tape library? My environment is NB5.1MP4, using Vault, but on HP hardware, so far so good. Considering patching MP5 for some minor issues but Veritas tech support doesn't provide me enough information/confident that MP5 would address the issues.