Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from NBU 7.1 to NBU 7.5 fail

pgm10s
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello

I just upgraded to 7.5. Everything work fine , but when I make medadata migration in the phase 2 , bpimage -cleanup  -allcleints

We found the following error.

4/26/2012 12:54:46 AM - started process bpdm (4576)

4/26/2012 12:54:46 AM - Critical bpdm(pid=4576) sts_get_lsu_prop_byname on LSU K:\Windows_Backup_Disk failed: 2060013 no more entries   

4/26/2012 12:54:46 AM - Critical bpdm(pid=4576) Invalid storage device: K:\Windows_Backup_Disk no more entries     

4/26/2012 12:54:46 AM - Critical bpdm(pid=4576) failure to open disk at path K:\Windows_Backup_Disk: plug-in reports error 2060013 no more entries

4/26/2012 12:54:46 AM - Error bpdm(pid=4576) volume K:\Windows_Backup_Disk does not exist or is not available.  

The K:\ was accidently remove , but we dont need the image on that drive. Can we procedd to the next upgrade process.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

pgm10s
Level 5

:)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How is a Storage Unit with valid, unexpired backups "accidently" removed?
Without expiring images first?

You may be able to remove catalog references for DSU with the following command:

<install-path>\netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbdelete -allvolumes -force

Not sure if this will work if image catalog still contains valid, unexpired images.

Can you map a 'dummy drive' with the same path so that image cleanup will at least succeed?

The way I see this is that the image associated with the 'missing drive' needs to be dealt with first.
'Images on Disk report' may assist with listing unexpired backups associated with this volume.

pgm10s
Level 5

We migrate the underly storage, but the sotrage admin did not move that LUN to new storage.

I will try to map the dummy drive.

Thank you for your help