Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCB Pre/Post Scripts

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hiya,

Hopefully should be a quick and pain-free question for you all. We have a VM being backed up with VCB. All this goes as inteneded. Is it possible (like normal NBU clients) to run a pre-script to say shutdown a service and a post-script to start a service on a specific VM? If so, then do i create this on the VM itself or the VCB Proxy in the usual bin folder with the bpstart/bpend scripts? Just not sure if this is possible as i know VCB backups are a little different to normal ones, but hopefully still can do this.

Cheers,

Nick

1 REPLY 1

Former_Mary_Kay
Level 4
To do things like this, from within NetBackup, requires using the "nb[start|end]_notify" scripts, which of course means you are running it on the client the backup is occurring on.  However, what you want to do will have to be a function of the VCB server, not NetBackup.  Depending on the VCB server's capability you may be able to run a VCB related command from the NetBackup scripts to get VCB to do what you want, but I'm not familiar enough with VCB to tell you if it has any such command, or even if this methodology is supported.