cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSP cache file location

Project_Man
Level 4
hello all,
How do I change the location of the VSP file so it gets created on a different drive.
My problem is the c:\ drive on one of my servers cannot take the size anymore.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
It is there in Admin Guide...

below mentioned are the details for you...

The Use Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) property specifies that Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) be used as the snapshot provider for selected clients. The default is VSP.

VSP is configured for each client using the VSP tab for the client. (The tab is found under Host Properties > Clients > Selected client(s) > Windows Client > VSP).

VSP can be used for Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003 clients. By default, all NetBackup clients (5.0 or later) use VSP as the Windows Open File Backup snapshot provider.

You can also define the Maximum cache size from the same.

Below mentioned screenshot for your reference

imagebrowser image

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
the following from Netbackup Adminguide for Windows I. read through for more details...

Cache File Volume List

The Cache File Volume List serves as a list of preferred locations for NetBackup to place VSP cache files. Volumes should be listed in this list as drive letters separated by commas and spaces. For example: C, D, E

The list indicates that all backup jobs requiring VSP snapshots will have their VSP cache files placed in a volume listed in the Cache File Volume List. If multiple volumes are listed in the Cache File Volume List, the volume with the most free disk space at the time of the backup is the preferred location for VSP cache files. If no volumes are listed, NetBackup will automatically determine the best location for VSP cache files.

NetBackup places cache files on one of these volumes unless it is determined that it is undesirable to use the volumes as cache file locations, even if it is specified by the user. The location is considered undesirable if a volume in the list is also being targeted to be snapshot. Because VSP does not allow snapshots of volumes already containing active cache files, NetBackup would not allow other VSP cache files to be placed in the volume.

And remember that you can configure the file Cache File size limit, to prvent your drives fill up.

Project_Man
Level 4
Thank you for your reply, I have seen allot of the this text but no indication where this list is?
Does anyone know the location where this list is kept?

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
It is there in Admin Guide...

below mentioned are the details for you...

The Use Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) property specifies that Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP) be used as the snapshot provider for selected clients. The default is VSP.

VSP is configured for each client using the VSP tab for the client. (The tab is found under Host Properties > Clients > Selected client(s) > Windows Client > VSP).

VSP can be used for Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003 clients. By default, all NetBackup clients (5.0 or later) use VSP as the Windows Open File Backup snapshot provider.

You can also define the Maximum cache size from the same.

Below mentioned screenshot for your reference

imagebrowser image

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Like Deepak said : "read through for more details..."
It's in NetBackup AdminGuide1 under chapter 'Host Properties' -> Master server, media server, and client host properties -> VSP (Volume Snapshot Provider) properties.
There's a screenshot at the top of this section.